The Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network (CPBN) is home to CPTV, WNPR, and the Learning Lab. CPTV is a locally and nationally recognized producer and presenter of quality public television programming, including original documentaries, public affairs, and educational programming. WNPR is an affiliate of National Public Radio, Public Radio International, and American Public Media. The Learning Lab serves high school juniors and seniors through a partnership with Hartford Public Schools and the Journalism and Media Academy Magnet School and the Institute for Advanced Media, a program that provides the men and women of our armed forces and other adult learners an opportunity to learn skills necessary for the 21st century digital media workplace.
Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network (CPBN) seeks a part-time Grants Associate to support the Department of Grants and Foundations in managing a diverse portfolio of grant applications and foundation prospects.
- Prepare interim and final reports required by foundation donors
- Track grant-funded project deliverables
- Prepare acknowledgement letters
- Update grant language to ensure that new program initiatives are accurately reflected in narratives
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and renewals
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years of experience working in a non-profit or education environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to write clear, structured prose
- Strong editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, and to successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, public media and education
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter (including where candidate learned about the position), and salary requirements to: Chief Financial Officer, Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc., 1049 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut 06105 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER