WFFF/WVNY/FOX and ABC, serving northern VT and Northeast NY in Burlington, Vermont is seeking
a News Director.
Responsibilities include managing daily on-air and on-line news content; hiring, training, and mentoring producers, reporters and anchors; overseeing special projects and executing day-to-day operations in the newsroom. Excellent time management skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and working within a defined budget are key.
We are looking for someone who knows news, how to motivate and guide a combination of young reporting and producing staff, and works well and directs more seasoned anchors. We need someone who gets and drives social media, knows the importance of marketing, community involvement, and works well with sales. A degree in journalism, mass communications, or a related field is preferred. Prior newsroom experience in producing or reporting is required.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Broadcast Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum five years experience in news programming production, with two years experience in a leadership role.
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Listens to fully understand employee needs and communicates with a team to shape a solution.
- Available to work extended hours if needed.
The News Director must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work
outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The News Director must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #: 7535
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER