Are you an executive that sets high standards of excellence for your organization? Do you have a track record for delivering exceptional results today and yet never stops exploring new ideas and better solutions for tomorrow?
Entercom Hartford is seeking a dynamic leader for our group of outstanding radio stations, widely attended events and innovative digital marketing solutions. We are looking for a SVP/MM who leads from the front with grit and confidence and who is committed to making Entercom a great place to work. You must be a relentless advocate for radio, passionate about our listeners, a great partner to our clients and an outstanding corporate citizen in the community.
Entercom Hartford is the most influential voice for Connecticut’s state capital. Ideally located, over 17 million people live within a two-hour drive of Hartford. A stone’s throw away from the Berkshires, New York City, and Boston; Hartford is the home to acclaimed universities, like Yale, Wesleyan, The University of Connecticut, Trinity and Quinnipiac.
Hartford’s stations include three consistently top-ranked music stations in all key demographics and dayparts and the only 24-hour radio newsroom between Boston and New York.
- HOT 93.7 (WZMX-FM, Delivering a vibrant audience in Connecticut’s largest cities)
- 96.5 TIC FM (WTIC-FM, Hartford’s Mass Appeal Audience Hit Station)
- 1080 WTIC News Talk (WTIC-AM, Southern New England’s Dominant Audio Source for News, Talk and Sports)
- Lite 100.5 (WRCH-FM, Southern New England’s At-Work Companion)
The core responsibilities for our SVP/MM include:
- Recruit, develop and retain a team of highly engaged employees in an accountable yet collaborative environment
- Supervise, coach and motivate the market leadership team
- Responsible for delivering top line sales results and EBITA
- Act as the Chief Revenue Office by establishing and maintaining deep relationships with key clients. Build a strong business development sales culture.
- Leverage Entercom’s many resources to grow revenues, achieve outstanding results
- Forecast sales and expenses to the corporate office
- Protect the FCC licenses of all properties by operating in full compliance with FCC policies, local and federal laws, and company policies
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- Proven track record of achieving exceptional sales results. Considered one of the best in the business with 7- 10 years’ experience in Broadcast Media; direct radio experience a plus
- 3-5 year’s operational leadership experience; as a General Manager, Market Manager or Director of Sales
- Must have direct experience managing a P&L and successfully exceeding top-line revenue goals and managing expenses to plan
- High energy, collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves leader with a high level of business integrity and ethics
- Strong business acumen, operational knowledge, analytic abilities and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to develop, structure, and execute business strategies; predicting local industry trends, allowing the business to stay ahead of the curve
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills with experience and comfort interacting extensively with senior management, clients and community leaders
- Bachelor`s degree, a must. Advanced degree, a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://entercom.avature.net/careers/JobDetail?id=13027 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
Entercom Hartford is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER