WTIC-AM has an immediate opening for a IT Technician/Broadcast Engineer Assistant.
Job Description/Requisition Details:
- Assist with IT and Engineering duties in a broadcast environment
- Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair computer/server/network equipment and systems.
- Install, Maintain, Repair technical equipment & systems at studio, transmitter, STL, in company vehicles, remotes, promotions and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
- Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving technical equipment.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- 3-5 years experience as a computer technician or related position is required
- Understanding/troubleshooting of computers, printers, networking, Office 2016 and Windows Server 2016 is a must while AOIP knowledge is a plus
- Experience in broadcast facilities, electronics, high powered FM and directional AM a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electronics at the component level is a plus
- Familiarity with high voltage, generators, satellite downlink facilities and receivers is a plus
- Understanding of basic FCC rules including EAS a plus
- Valid state driver’s license for operation of company vehicles is required.
- Personal vehicle is required for 24 hr. response for emergencies.
- 24x7 on call, on site availability/service required
- Excellent customer service skills are required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to identify colors, use close and distant vision, visually focus, hear, balance, sit, walk, bend, touch/feel, carry up to 50 pounds, climb, squat, crawl, stand, lift, push/pull, reach, twist and turn.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://entercom.avature.net/careers/JobDetail?id=13709 to apply.
Consistent with our Equal Opportunity Program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER