Do occluded fronts get your heart racing? Do you like covering stories about science and the environment? Do you like telling people stories? Then WFFF/WVNY-TV in beautiful Burlington, Vermont has the perfect opportunity for you.
This person will be the fourth member of our StormTeam, filling-in for our morning, evening and weekend meteorologists as needed. The weather duties include forecasting weather conditions and producing and anchoring weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to viewers.
As a MMJ you will be required to come up with story ideas on a daily basis and contribute to our editorial meetings.
Experience with the following:
• Producing and presenting weather reports for all platforms.
• Writing and delivering weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assisting in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
• Responding to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Working closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
• Participating in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performing special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writing web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Reporting news stories for broadcast
• Arranging interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Determining a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizing material accordingly
• Pitching stories to news managers and news producers relevant to the local community
• Revising work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Shooting and editing news events and news reports
• Ensuring that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Atmospheric Science or Meteorology preferred but not required.
• Fluency in English
• Superior on-air presence
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply online and send their resume and reel to News Director Bob Rockstroh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER