The Regional Sales Manager will work with the General Manager to:
- Work with management on creating and communicating a sales and marketing strategy that will take the station on-air and online to the next level
- Provide strategic input to setting sales targets for Local sales. Have the ability to develop reports to support the strategy
- Personally, handle a local and regional account list.
- Drive expected revenue performance as well as create new ideas and `outside the box` revenue streams and business models to monetize these revenue streams
- Clearly communicate performance expectations and establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff. Ensure that employees work and sell with integrity and uphold Hall Communications sales standards
- Work cooperatively and in partnership with the other station departments such as Programming, Promotions, and Traffic to ensure growth in revenue and increased profitability through all station avenues
- Oversee the planning and execution of sales meetings, attend community and goodwill events and represent the station at trade association meetings and professional organization events
- Deliver presentations as required internally and externally, maintain sales relationships, help negotiate and close deals when needed
- Recruit, hire and retain sales talent to build future pipeline. Coach and mentor Account Executives to identify and communicate areas of strength and needed improvement
- 5 years prior experience in media sales preferred
- Experience managing a sales team, including experience in strategic planning and direct
- Responsibility for growing revenue in the radio sales industry
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Knowledge of Eastern Connecticut
- Must possess a ‘want –to-win’ attitude with a proven track record of sales/marketing achievements
- Solid background in building and cultivating strategic relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as superior project management skills
- Knowledge of how ad agencies, marketing/promotion companies and direct clients operate
- Experience with and an understanding of the digital/new media world
- Thorough understanding of local businesses, business issues in Eastern Connecticut
- A result- driven focus and a detail-oriented mindset are necessary
- Proficient computer skills, including all Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new software applications is important
HOW TO APPLY:
Because Hall Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage members of minority groups and women to apply for this position.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact me at 860 887-3511.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER