WTIC has an immediate opening for a Part-Time News Anchor.
WTIC Newstalk 1080 (Connecticut’s number one radio news operation) is looking for an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic and creative team player for our Part Time News Anchor/Writer position. If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling and the creative use of sound make for a great news product on-air and in the digital space, then we want to hear from you.
This position requires the following:
- Anchoring top and bottom hour newscasts
- Experience with operating audio boards
- Have an understanding of digital editing
- Great writer with the ability to deliver news quickly, concisely and with an edge
- Updating our website and assisting preparations for morning drive newscasts.
- Exhibits good judgement
- Must be 110% reliable and have a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to handle several tasks at a time
- Ability to work nights, overnights, weekends and holidays. This will include occasional overnight shifts
- We are looking for someone with a real commitment to local news!!!
Extensive experience is not necessary, but this is not a training position.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are looking for someone with a real commitment to local news!!!
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://entercom.avature.net/careers/JobDetail?id=14566 to apply.
Consistent with our Equal Opportunity Program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER