WQUN AM 1220, a commercially licensed radio station owned by Quinnipiac University, invites applications for a Secretary to perform general secretarial and clerical duties and to complete clerical functions needed to support the general manager.
WQUN AM 1220 covers and reports on civic and community organizations and events; features live coverage of Quinnipiac’s men’s and women’s basketball and men`s hockey; and award winning local news, traffic and weather. The station also keeps listeners up to date with CBS national news hourly and with special features throughout the day.
- Transcribe notes and perform other typing duties as needed. Edit work for accuracy, format, punctuation and construction. Upon discretion of supervisor, compose routine correspondence. Take messages, relay information and answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority. Answer telephone and accommodate caller’s requests and needs.
- Utilize computer software (Web Advisor and Datatel) necessary to conduct business of the radio station, including assisting General Manager in budget reconciliation. Responsible for following university policies and processes related to finance, purchasing, and requisitions. Ensure office supplies are ordered and stocked based on operation needs
- Under General Manager’s direction, prepare work order requests for information technology and facilities departments and assist in monitoring the progress of work orders
- Prepare reports for sales and management staff in a timely fashion. Export accurate programming logs and enter commercial radio sales contracts into traffic system. Work as a liaison to WQUN advertising clients. Maintain orderly and accurate office files in accordance with university policy
Assist with special events for WQUN clients and networking groups within the university and outside community. Help Director of Sales and Marketing coordinate special events for advertisers or other entities in the business community
- Review and distribute mail for appropriate distribution and action
- Assist with scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars for WQUN staff
- Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing in the preparation and distribution of sales materials consistent with university marketing policies
- In the event of weather related or other emergencies, assist with emergency information and situations
- Under the supervision of the General Manager, assist with interns, incoming employees and independent contractors in order to validate that proper forms and paperwork are executed in a timely fashion
This position will begin January 3, 2018.
Qualifications & Special Instructions to Applicants
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience working in a high traffic office setting
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated broadcast office knowledge to include traffic and billing procedures preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines, and handle stressful situations
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Function both independently and in a team environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note this is a Grade 5 position in the Clerical & Technical Unit with an hourly rate of $22.00. In addition, it requires a successful completion of both a background check and Microsoft Office skills test.
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER