WTIC-AM has an immediate opening for a Evening News Reporter/Anchor.
Req ID#: 30678
Job Title: Evening News Reporter/Anchor
Job Description/Requisition Details:
WTIC Newstalk 1080 is looking for an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic and creative team player for an Evening News Reporter/Anchor position. Primary task for this position is reporting from the field; Anchoring will be secondary task.
For more than 55 years, Connecticut Public has dedicated itself to adding value to people’s lives through high-quality educational programming and services that inform, educate, entertain, and inspire audiences in Connecticut and beyond. Connecticut Public is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is home to the state’s only locally owned media organization producing television, radio, print, and web/digital content over a variety of media channels for distribution to Connecticut’s wide-ranging and diverse communities. Currently, Connecticut Public is seeking candidates to fill the position of Politics Producer for Radio Originals. This position will be primarily responsible for serving as the producer for The Wheelhouse, Connecticut Public Radio’s weekly news roundtable. The position will also provide support for political coverage on WNPR’s locally produced, award-winning programs, Where We Live and the Colin McEnroe Show. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Connecticut Public Radio.
Prospective candidates can expect to work on the weekly news program The Wheelhouse, bringing together the state’s best political reporters and analysts to dissect the news of the week in Connecticut. Additionally, the candidate will work with the teams of our two flagship daily programs Where We Live and the Colin McEnroe Show to provide political expertise and production support. The candidate should expect to produce two shows a week. He or she will also work closely with the News team to coordinate politics coverage, book reporters on talk shows, and pull relevant content for use in newscasts.
Essential Job Functions
The Politics Producer provides a wide range of services in collaboration with the Senior Producers and Senior Director. Applicants must have the ability to complete the following essential job functions:
- Develop, enhance, and advance specific story ideas and concepts, both with other producers, reporters, and hosts, in daily production segments and long-term planning;
- Record and edits audio; produces and mixes content using audio equipment and digital editing software and compiles and edits material necessary for production;
- Ensure production adheres to format and procedural guidelines;
- Book and research guests, topics, and ideas; researches and writes daily scripts and show rundowns for on-air, website, and promotional use;
- Assist and coordinate with marketing team around key events designed to promote and outreach programs, with respect to events, guests, etc.;
- Produce web content, including daily uploads and updates of web page, photography, and photo editing;
- Provide creative and editorial guidelines to on-air guests in order to enrich quality of programming; and
- Provide social media and advertising strategy support using online platforms including Twitter and Facebook; responds to listener requests and correspondence.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.